1.5

Update by user May 16

Forgot to mark as resolved with the May 3 response.

Update by user May 03

I received a response. It's lame and the response "in my opinion" should never have been sent without spell check at minimum.

It also makes me feel as if I'm being scolded that I talking about another product instead of the one I was mad about -- seriously people I clearly stated ULTRA STRONG not Ultra soft. I copied and pasted as received: Thank you so much for your email to Charmin. As a consunmer myself, I understand you wanting to get the most for your money. I also understand your disappointment with the seemingly smaller Ultra Strong toilet tissue rolls.

I will be happy to answer your question to the best of my ability. I also want to assure you that at Charmin nothing is more important than the quality of our products and your satisfaction with them! It may help to know, as of July 2017 the rolling process was changed and as a result the rolls are now more condensed than before. The Ultra Strong version still has the same sheet count as before but may appear smaller in size when comparing to previous rolls.

There was a downcount on our Ultra Soft version but not on our Ultra Strong version. We offer a variety of roll sizes in all our different styles. All of them are measured against the Charmin regular roll which contains 77 sheets. The mega rolls offer 308 sheets, the super mega rolls offer 462 sheets.

There has not been any reduction in sheet count on all our rolls since July 2015. In the meantime, I am happy to send you a $2 off Charmin coupon so you can try your favorite toilet toissue. Additionally, I am sending you a $1 off mega rolls only. Please look for these coupons in the enxt 7-10 business days.

I appreciate you getting in touch with us, Debra. We value your feedback and your loyalty.

Please let me knwo if I can do anything else to help. Anu Charmin Team

Update by user Apr 30

Another email sent to P&G unanswered

Update by user Apr 17

I buy via Walmart and Amazon whichever has the 20 rolls at the time

Original review posted by user Apr 16

I've been buying Charmin for years and last year had some extra money so I did some stock purchasing. I thought I'd noticed last year that the MEGA rolls weren't so MEGA anymore and now I've seen the proof.

I put two old rolls and a new one in the middle of my holder and was amazed at the difference. Then today, I pulled out an old roll and placed a new roll on top and both came from MEGA Packaging.

Unreal that they can market and sell MEGA rolls that now are (in my opinion) about the same size as the original 1980's regular rolls.

I feel abused and used to be sold the product now same listed as MEGA but is clearly lesser product for more money today too.

And NOW Charmin has a Super Mega Roll. So what this is another sized roll that is actually the original size of the old Mega that represents 6 regular sized rolls ? ? ? Really even compressing the roll efficiency in production is not believed to be improved for the same or more product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper.

Reason of review: Deceptive marketing.

Preferred solution: Year worth of product free.

I didn't like: Less product for advertising of more, Claims of better production to provide same product.

Comments

Same here! You had a great product for years then you change it? Well now we have change to a different toilet paper and it’s cheaper and better then your mega strong rolls Very angry!!

I totally agree. Time for a change.Charmin completely changed.The bears are switching too