1.2K views

I spoke to a customer service representative today about the shrinking toilet paper roll issue.Here's what I was told: The roll width has been reduced for two reasons .

The first is because they added extra fibers in the center. (No idea if that's true ..?) The second is that they did research that indicates that a narrower sheet will flush easier, and reduce clogged pipes. (This one, I will put to the test by placing this new, narrower roll in the one bathroom where my son consistently uses too much, and clogs the toilet! If the number of clogging incidents reduces, MAYBE I'll believe it)

Here's the real useful information ...

Charmin has a contract to continue to provide the old, wider sheets in the Ultra Soft Jumbo roll variety only to Costco.

If you want your old, familiar sheet size ...get it there.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of charmin toilet paper from Charmin. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Charmin to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was shorter rolls. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Charmin for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Charmin?

Comments

Westlake, Ohio, United States #1351432

The idea that Charmin has reduced the size of the paper in part...to reduce sewer line blockages is laughable at best.

It's simply about money. Charmin has market saturation, so to make more money, Charmin has to either charge more for the product, or charge the same for less material, or a combination of the two.

It's really that simple.

The only way Charmin will stop this...is if consumers revolt to a competitive product. I encourage everyone to please do this.

Springtown, Texas, United States #1331025

That sucks for those of us that aren't Costco shoppers.

Santa Ana, California, United States #1247080

Costco has followed suit, I guess their contract for larger rolls ran out. The Charming I purchased fromCostco, has the narrow sheets. Not happy P&G

I thought Costco was the only retailer to sell the wider rolls. Thanks for confirming. Our 1957 house only has the old wide roll holders

We are very unhappy about Charmin shrinking their roll's width (and it seems less soft). I would rather pay a few cents more to get the original product. Bring back the old Charmin!

Winter Springs, Florida, United States #942077

I always shop at Costco and they sell the new narrow one not the old size. I decided to buy the Costco brand because it's the same size as Charmin but $7.00 CHEAPER... I been using their brand for years .....so sad the quality is going down and had to replace it.